[Table of Contents] [Next]
- The Peters Map is an equal area map.
- This new map shows all areas - whether countries, continents or oceans - according to their actual size. Accurate comparisons become possible.
- The Peters Map is an equal axis map.
- All North-South lines run vertical on this map. Thus, geographic points can be seen in their precise directional relationship.
- The Peters Map shows equal positions.
- All East-West Lines run parallel. Thus the relationship of any point on the map to its distance from the equator or the angle of the sun can readily be determined.